Since it's Halloween, I wanna spend the whole day scaring myself (yay lol) :)

Recommendation-wise, I would honestly prefer those it's-gonna-make-you-paranoid-for-days type of movies. However, if there are particular horror films you think I should also check out, I'm open for suggestions (just specify which is which). 

Thank you so much!!!  :)

I Saw The Devil - Thriller, Horror, Psychological, Gore (very brutal)

dietcoke:

I Saw The Devil - Thriller, Horror, Psychological, Gore (very brutal)

I love the mix of four, thanks!!!

edit: I just finished this and wow it was different from what I want but somehow it was exactly what I needed. The intensity and brutality of it worked for me. It was thought provoking too so thanks again!

Over Your Dead Body? I don't know if it's the kind of scary that you're looking for, but I remember watching it in pure terror, in part because I knew something terrible would happen but I didn't know when, so the expectation pretty much ratcheted up my fear

kura2ninja:

Over Your Dead Body? I don't know if it's the kind of scary that you're looking for, but I remember watching it in pure terror, in part because I knew something terrible would happen but I didn't know when, so the expectation pretty much ratcheted up my fear

Where did you watch it? I've been looking for it for ages.

house of the disappeared

lesson of the evil

cold fish (not tagged as horror but do have some pretty traumatic sight)

the chaser

the wailing

kura2ninja:

i couldnt follow the story specially that theatrical part

I think about "the ring" (japanese version) I watched a long time ago and I remember that the idea of cursed video in the movie (even now it's dvd) was really scaring, you can try also by the same director "dark water". Both are ghosts movies.

Well it's not Halloween anymore but I do love horror so I will recommend some things for you.

Strange Circus and Tag (both are by Sion Sono) - both really weird and messed up, don't say I didn't warn you

Visitor Q - about a very disturbing family who break all the rules of normal society

Noroi: The Curse - the good kind of found footage

Bedevilled - very gory and makes you appreciate the feminist movement

Pulse aka Kairo - interesting take on the early internet

Battle Royale - it's fun to try and guess who will survive

And some western horror if you are interested.

Videodrome - conspiracy + sci-fi + horror = a good time

Eraserhead - I don't know why but the lady in the radiator creeps me out to this day

Dead Alive aka Braindead - arguably the goriest film in existence + very funny

Dead of Night: an oldie but the best horror anthology I've seen

Hereditary: this should hit your paranoid meter, I rarely get scared at horror films but this one had me messed up so bad I was afraid to go to sleep