Haven't watched a single asian drama yet. Only watched few movies and have developed the urge to give it a try.

Honestly don't know what I want exactly but you can recommend anything that you would suggest me to watch first for the noob, give me your favorites!

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the world of Asian dramas! I hope you enjoy them and find interest in one of my recommendations. Happy watching! :)

• Coffee Prince  is a classic Korean drama that started my love for Asian dramas and despite it being made in 2007, it's still so fun and memorable. 
  • Age of Youth (Hello , My Twenties on Netflix if you have that) has a very lovable and strong female cast. It's funny, heartwarming, and is just an overall great slice of life drama that even got a second season because people loved it so much (which btw is also really good)
  • While You Were Sleeping is a favourite of mine and my one of my friends who isn't into Asian dramas enjoyed watching this show too, so I recommend this show as well.
  • Love O2O (also on Netflix) is a light hearted Chinese drama where the main couple only has eyes for each other and if you need sweetness in your life, this is a good one to watch. 

Do you like western crime shows?

If yes, you should try Stranger (Korean) and Day and Night (mainland chinese). They both have a very good acting, western vibe to it and great plot. There's also Medical Examiner dr Qin, it's basically a western CSI procedural but in chinese. 

Also, if you liked I saw the Devil, check out the rest of the movies from Park Hoon Jung, especially V.I.P and The New World. 

17 K-Dramas To Convert Non-Interested Friends you can check this article. Pretty good suggestions

1. Black (Korean, Netflix)- supernatural element

2. Meteor Garden (Chines, Netflix) [Korean original Boys over Flowers (Netflix)]- school romance

3. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (Korean, Netflix)- superpower

4. Ashes of Love (Chines, Netflix)- Gods and Mythology/romance

5. Beating Again/Falling for Innocent (Chines, Netflix)-Romance  

6. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (Korean)- sports/romance

All of these have been really amazing. You have to find dramas that speak to you and interest you. But give these a try. If you love romantic and cute dramas then 2,3,6 are really good. But if you like having your emotions played with then 1,4,5 well do that. 

Good Luck :)

A Love So Beautiful was my first asian drama and it got me addicted. It's a super cute show set in the early 2000s about a group of high school friends. 

Reply 1988 is another nostalgic feeling show but this one is korean instead of chinese, it's set in the 80's, and focuses more heavily on the familial relationships rather than the romantic. It's incredibly acted and written, I really recommend it.

Strong Girl Bong Soon is a great modern day rom com with a fantasyish element added. It's hilarious and adorable, definitely recommend for a newbie. 

Boss and Me is a cute workplace rom com that is a great starter drama.

One that may not be too beginner friendly because it's super long and the ancient terms can get a little complicated is The Story of Ming Lan however, I can't not recommend this to everyone around me. It's one of the best shows I've ever watched (asian or western). I was able to get my mom and brother to both watch and finish it even though neither of them have ever watched an asian drama before and they both usually hate subtitles. It's that good lol. 

Hope you enjoy some of these!

• healer
  • oh my venus
  • fated to love you
  • goblin
  • descendents of the sun

Korean Dramas:
Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People - If you're interested in trying a Korean historical then I'd highly recommend this drama. There's minimal romance, bromance, action, and substance. Male lead is similar to Robin Hood where he steals from the rich and helps the poor.
Circle - Different than any other Korean dramas I've seen. It's a sci-fi mystery revolving a set of siblings. Episodes will leave you wanting more because the first half is set in the present and the second half is set in the future.
Signal - If you like detective/crime shows then this is definitely up your alley. Has a supernatural theme only because a detective can contact another detective (from the past) through a walkie-talkie. The cases in this drama are based off of real crimes in South Korea.
The Guest - When a priest, a cop, and a psychic get together to defeat "son/guest". The three of them are linked from their childhood when demonic possessions started killing everyone.

Chinese Dramas:
The Story of Ming Lan - A Chinese historical revolving around a young maiden. The cinematography is filmed beautifully, the acting is top-notch, and the plot feels realistic.
Battle of Changsha - Set during the second Sino-Japanese War and revolves around a family. The main focus is the sister and she starts off immature, but because of the war she matures quickly.
Ode to Joy - A modern drama set in Shanghai that revolves around five floor mates. Each woman has their own story, hardship, and past. We watch them build strong friendships and struggle to find a purpose in life.
Nirvana in Fire - If you like Game of Thrones then maybe you'll enjoy this? This is immensely popular and regarded as one of the best dramas from China and all the actors are known for their strong acting ability, but I haven't finished this because I don't really like politics. So only if you like politics and scheming.

Japanese Dramas:
1 Litre of Tears - This is based off real life where a young girl is diagnosed with spinocerebellar degeneration. Gradually we watch her go from a happy and upbeat girl to someone who can no longer walk, talk, write, or eat. This is also older so the quality will probably be lower.
Million Yen Women - A novelist ends up cohabiting with five mysterious women. Someone sent these women an invitation to live him in exchange for one million yen per month. Rules are set up (such as no asking questions and not being able to enter their rooms). Eventually their lives and past are revealed. The person who sent them these invites and the reason behind it.
Unnatural - About a coroner/forensic scientist who solves mysteries after death.
Kakegurui - About a school where your skills in gambling are what you need to succeed. There is a strict hierarchy where you win and become a master or lose and become a slave. This drama is ridiculous, but it's an entertaining watch and hilarious because of it. 

I have a heavy bias towards rom-coms and romances in general so that's what I will recommend :D

What's Wrong With Secretary Kim is one of my favorites. Lighthearted and easy to watch and full of comedic moments.

Shopping King Louis  another one of my favorites, also lighthearted full of humor and will ease you in on some of the most common tropes :D

Once settled in I recommend the following two that can take you on a bit of a roller coaster.

Secret Garden This one has one of the staples of drama tropes which I won't spoil and some fantasy elements. It's one of my first dramas and I love it.

You Who Came From the Stars even though I didn't give it a 10/10 I think this one is my favorite drama over all. It has a bit of Sci fi in it.

Hope you enjoy either my or other peoples suggestions. Dramaworld is wast and you'll find something to enjoy :D

Before we can give you some good tips, you should tell us your taste so we can be more helpful :)

I don't realy know what you like,But  those are one of my favourites! 

https://mydramalist.com/list/Y4BJe9K4   I hope  you enjoy .

And welcome to dramaland