Hello, 

One of my friend is having a hard time. Her boyfriend was recently found dead. I live pretty far away from her lately, and I can't go to her. Since our first talk about what happened, we never talked since then. I feel like i need an excuse to talk to her and not just be 'how are you" since i'm pretty sure she would hate it. So... Since she was always interested in knowing more about asian cinema I was wondering if you could recommend me few movies I could recommend to her ? 

Basically I would like to avoid movies that could trigger anything, so if possible avoiding death-related movies, love relationship centered movies (maybe? idk...), ocean/rivers/etc related movies... 

I can't think of anything without trigger... Like i was thinking of Hana-Bi (Takeshi Kitano) but then it does EVERYTHING i want to avoid... So i don't know... 

Do you have any recommendation ? Something that would make you feel good ? 

Thank you. 

Wow I'm so sorry to hear this I hope she's okay!

Some of my feel good movies are usually silly or focused on family/friendship so I'd recommend:

1. Akko's Secret - my go to feel good movie it's really silly and sweet! 

2. I Wish 

3. Let's Go Jets 

4. Princess Jellyfish

5. Miss Granny(korean)/Sing Your Life (japanese) - they're the same movie but made by different countries and but there is a minor character death and an accident at the end of the movie (no death), so that might trigger something but it has a really nice message though!

I've been in similar situations and checking up on someone might seem difficult because in times like this nobody really wants to talk you know, but it's really important and you don't need an excuse since they generally appreciate the thought even if they can't show it <3

I feel sorry for your friend. Last year a friend of mine had the same situation. It is hard for you too. Stay strong!

- Monster Hunt (so hilarious with important massage concerning tolerance as well. Tiny love theme but only in the background)

- Paradise Kiss (it has a love theme but is more about touching another way of life and learning who one want to be) -》my personal movie I watch when I hate the world or am really sad

Thank you so much for your recommendations and your nice advices to both of you !