Hello! 

Lately, I've been seriously looking for an EPIC Chinese historical drama. BUT I haven't found one that really caught my eye and had me pretty much thinking about it all day and got me completely distracted from reality (it sounds bad but that's the kind I'm looking for)

Rather than the political ones, I like the ones which have lots of fantasy (Wuxia or Xianxia) and also an epic love story. 

For example--

The Untamed

Ten Miles Of Peach Blossom

Goodbye, My Princess

Ashes of Love 

Hence, please recommend me some good and as I said, EPIC (with a very intriguing plot, amazing and likable characters, great cinematography and etc.) chinese historical dramas! 

Thanks a lot!

Nirvana in Fire --- Great plot, acting and cinematography. However, not wuxia/ xianxia and romance is not the main topic in the drama.

Bloody Romance --- Plot is ok but acting is good and pretty much all the characters are likeable for me. Great cinematography too. This drama did an amazing job in delivering romance plot but not so much in the sub-stories.

The Longest Day in Chang'An --- Amazing cinematography and acting. Like NiF, the drama is not about romance.

Love and Destiny --- Have not watch this personally but it has the same production team as TMoPB iirc, and it focuses on romance, so you may want to have a look on this.

DramaDrama:

Nirvana in Fire --- Great plot, acting and cinematography. However, not wuxia/ xianxia and romance is not the main topic in the drama.

Bloody Romance --- Plot is ok but acting is good and pretty much all the characters are likeable for me. Great cinematography too. This drama did an amazing job in delivering romance plot but not so much in the sub-stories.

The Longest Day in Chang'An --- Amazing cinematography and acting. Like NiF, the drama is not about romance.

Love and Destiny --- Have not watch this personally but it has the same production team as TMoPB iirc, and it focuses on romance, so you may want to have a look on this.

Thank you for the recommendations! I think I'll give 'Bloody Romance' a try <3

I'm not sure which dramas to recommend, but if you're ok with movies, here are some epic historical fantasy/romance HK movies:

A Chinese Odyssey (1995)
Green Snake (1993)
A Chinese Ghost Story (1987)

Some good xianxia/wuxia dramas ~

• Princess Agents
  • Journey of Flower (Might take some getting used to, it looks a bit dated. Great story though)
  • Legend of Fu Yao
 DramaDrama:

Love and Destiny is so good. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great Xianxia that doesn't have a mortal arc that makes you want to skip it every time you rewatch. CoughTMoPBCough

All of the characters are amazing in their own ways and both of the leads have amazing chemistry and are great actors. I'm even invested in the side couples of this drama which I usually rarely am in other dramas. The female lead is wonderful and goes through amazing development thoughout the story. Same with the male lead.

I'd even go as far as to say its my all time favorite Xianxia now, beating TMoPB. It's in the running for best drama of the year for me, the other being Story of Ming Lan. And it certainly has an epic love story.

More political and not much fantasy. But super highly recommended:

• Nirvana in Fire - the best drama
  • Story of Minglan
  • Story of Yanxi palace
  • Battle of Changsa
  • Longest Day in ChangAn
  • All Quiet in Beijing
  • The disguiser

More wuxia/xianxia, 

• Ever night
  • Legend of Fuyao
  • Wuxin: monster hunter
  • Go Princess Go - nor really epic, more like epic slapstick comedy.

Others but mostly old dramas. I love these when it aired but I think Bubu Jingxin will be the only to stand the test of time

• Bubu Jingxin or Scarlet Heart
  • Prince of Lanling
  • Romance of the condor heroes
  • Chinese paladin 3

You might like Scarlet Heart.  It's one of my favorite dramas.  It's epic, historical, and it has romance.  The main character travels back in time from the present.