I just finished watching 10 miles of peach blossoms, and it was amazing. I have been looking for something to watch after it and i can't really decide. I've been searching for some chinese dramas (this is the first chinese drama i've seen) and these are what i've found:

Legend of fuyao
ashes of love
princess agents
the journey of the flower
bloody romance

i just watched the first episode of ashes of love and honestly, i wasnt very impressed. I'm not a fan of "awkward girly girl with cold distant man" kind of pairing. (In 10 miles of peach blossoms i 120% shipped qian qian and mo yuan ;) )  Overall i don't think i'll like the female lead at all, she seems very weak.

When i thought about what really made me love the 10 miles of peach blossoms, i realised it was more the culture than th story. I fell in love with the social culture in the show. How everybody has a place in the social hierarcy and everybody acts that way. How people respect and take care of each other. Escpecially i fell in love with the master/discipline thing. To have a strong, wise, gentle, protective and caring teacher like mo yuan would be a dream come true, hehe <3

so can anyone recommend any dramas where the main female lead is strong and independent but people also take care of her?

Also, about the student/teacher relationship. I'm not too familiar with this genre, but i feel like i should be careful with its meaning. I don't think it's all that romantic seeing a teacher make out with his student. It's more like, watching the teacher be mindful and present and caring towards his students that makes my heart twitch :) it's hard to explain, i hope someone will understand :D

girls being disguised as guys is also cool :3

thanks for reading, and thank you for anyone who takes the time to reply ^^ <3

The Legends - watching now!  FL is so bad ass, ML is gorgeous, his whole meaning for living is her. Their chemistry is off the charts.  They are both great actors.  And if you cannot get enough of them, which you won't , you can see them together again in their next movie:

Arsenal Military Academy - totally different characters in a different time, same great chemistry and acting.  And FL being disguised as a man and the ML devoted to keeping her secret.  Feel so lucky I can see them in another movie so soon after The Legends.

Also recommend:

The Untamed  - two MLs ,  an incredibly beautiful story of love, sacrifice & heroism.

Le Coup de Foudre - modern day, slice of life 

I have not seen Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, but have heard great things about it, will have to check it out after The Legends.

Before recommending you anything, I want to tell you: Bloody Romance is not worth your time. 

Legend of Fu Yao is decent but you shouldn't probably watch it right after TMoPB, you'll keep comparing.

It's not on your list, but if you are looking for something awesome, you should try Nirvana in Fire. It's a #2 drama on MDL (used to be #1 for a very very long time), it doesn't really focus on romance but it's about friendship, politics and taking revenge - but it's way more than that. 

If you are in the mood for something lighter, try The Dark Lord. It's a historical 'underdog' comedy with some romance, some friendship and fighting corruption.

Annikin:
Legend of fuyao
ashes of love
princess agents
the journey of the flower
bloody romance

From the list, I would recommend to go for Bloody Romance. I've watched all from the list but ended up dropping all of them except Bloody Romance. All of them are pretty similar to TMoPB imho.

Maybe try Young Blood... if you can watch a CDrama without subtitles. This is a very good one, not too much on romance, but sufficient to make you ship the MC. The FL is a strong, brave and smart character.

My first Cdrama was the princess Weiyoung and I really liked it so I recommend this to you.

About legend of Fu Yao, I think that it is a bad choice. The reason I chose to watch it was because of the Yang Mi, and the fact that she portrayed a strong female character. Unfortunately even though the first half  (first 35 or so episodes) was great, after that  it got draggy and boring  and I barely finished it. You may like though, as many people did.

On the other hand, Bloody Romance is a drama, that you will either like or drop. The cinematography is fantastic (one of the best things I have seen), but the FL was frustrating for me. It deserves a chance though, and you may end up loving it.

WHERE THE LOST ONES GO

The kings2loves - female lead is strong and badass!! It is an awesome drama. About a south Korea king who falls in love with a north korean solider.  She can fight her behind off and is very smart. It's definitely a rewatch type of drama. I binged watched it.

K Arlene:

The Legends - watching now!  FL is so bad ass, ML is gorgeous, his whole meaning for living is her. Their chemistry is off the charts.  They are both great actors.  And if you cannot get enough of them, which you won't , you can see them together again in their next movie:

Arsenal Military Academy - totally different characters in a different time, same great chemistry and acting.  And FL being disguised as a man and the ML devoted to keeping her secret.  Feel so lucky I can see them in another movie so soon after The Legends.

Also recommend:

The Untamed  - two MLs ,  an incredibly beautiful story of love, sacrifice & heroism.

Le Coup de Foudre - modern day, slice of life 

I have not seen Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, but have heard great things about it, will have to check it out after The Legends.

Definitely watch Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms friend it is awesome.

I was in the same boat as you. I started watching Ashes of Love after 10MOPB and I was not impressed at all. 

If you dig dramas that really showcase the social hierarchies in ancient cultures, The Story of Ming Lan is perfect for that. It's a realistic historical so it's quite different than 10MOPB, but it's equally as amazing in my opinion. 

Goodbye My Princess is a fantastic historical drama that has a little bit of fantasy and wuxia elements thrown in. 

I personally love The Journey of Flower but it can be an acquired taste. The cgi is terrible, it has some awkward cuts (due to Chinese censorship), and it has the girly FL/cold ML pairing you mentioned you weren't really into to. 

Bloody Romance was pretty meh honestly. It had beautiful music, unique cinematography, and decent acting but the story and character development were severely lacking. 

I agree with a previous post about not watching Legend of Fu Yao right after 10MOPB. With it having the same FL and a somewhat similar genre it's difficult not to compare the two, and Fu Yao is nowhere near as good as Ten Miles. 

Some of the eps of Ashes of Love are good, some are bad. Unless you really dig the chemistry of the leads, it won't be easy for you to like the drama. The eps that I enjoyed the most were ep 19 to 31 or something similar, their chemistry really shined in those eps.

I would also suggest Nirvana in Fire and The Story of Minglan for your next drama, those two are great and universally liked.

I personally enjoyed Princess Agents too but you have to be be patient with the starting few eps, if I can be honest then that's the case for most good Chinese dramas, it takes a while for these dramas to catch grip, same goes for Ashes of Love too.