Hi!

I'm looking for a good modern Chinese (preferably) drama, not historical or fantasy. (Currently watching Eagle Flag and I prefer only one like that at the time.)

(No need to recommend Boss & Me or Mr Fighting, don't like them.)

Some c-dramas that I like:

• To Be A Better Man (I loved it so much and adored Jiang Maggie's character)
  • Ode to Joy 1&2
  • The First Half of My Life
  • Return the World to You (the male lead was just perfect)
  • Surgeons

Other dramas (to get a better idea of my taste)

• On the Way to the Airport
  • Should We Kiss First?
  • Secret Mother
  • Beethoven Virus

I prefer that the characters are in their 30's (at least not highschool/college - young family members/side stories is fine!) or older.

I do not like

• Childhood friends to lovers.
  • Enemies to lovers (characters who can't speak half a minute without starting an argument…)
  • Possessive, "protective" male lead.
  • Mothers who neglect and bully their own children/parents who play favourite (if it's a big part of the plot).

Last but not least, I only watch dramas at Viki, Netflix and YouTube.

Hello!

From what I understand you love realistic stories with normal protagonists (not fairy tale princes and fair maidens)? 

The Queen of SOP and My Sunshine are the two dramas I know close to your description. 

Go Go Squid is surprisingly and addictively good.   The FL is still in college though.  The ML is 10 years older.  The focus isnt really about her college life, but her jumping into and fitting in his world.   (I initially wasnt interested in watching becuz the title was so stupid.   LOL )

Shall we fall in love - funny quirky  romance

Our Glamorous Time -  good story

Where the Lost Ones Go- although it's half college half working life,  but it's more mature definitely not light rom com like Boss and me (and it's on youtube).

Thank you all so much! I made a list with all your suggestions and I will give them all a try. :)

Le Coup de Foudre starts out with them in high school, but ends up with them as adults. It is based on a true story. I read the book and the drama is about 85% true to the book. 

Try%

• All is Well - family centered  drama
  • Divorce Lawyers - I loved this drama, I wish the were better subs
  • The Fierce Wife - Taiwanese Drama, definitely a must watch though the Fl was just too kind and naive
  • Across the Ocean To See you - though a little Comedic or lighter genre like Boss and Me
  • The Way We Were - Taiwanese drama and there are parts set in coplege but mostly its pretty adult stuff plotlines
  • A Good Wife - much like On the way to the airport, though I think this was handled better cause they did not make the husband too Hateful as the reason for the affair
  • Before We Got Married - a little like On the way to the airport but the leads are probably younger
  • Love Now - light family drama but still centered on romance
  • Others:
    • Les Interpretes - though this has the typical enemies to lovers plot
    • Love in sandstorm - the story mostly revolves around the family and their love lives
    • Only Side by Side with you
    • Here to Heart
    • Loving never forgetting

Thank you also to ChessWidow and Czakhareina . I've got a lot of dramas to try now. :)