What is says on the tin, dramas or movies featuring queer characters that end happily. No ambiguous endings, no tragedy. It's possible I've already watched a lot of them but hit me up anyway! 

Lesbian:

The Handmaiden (2016)

Blue Gate Crossing (2002) (it's a love triangle, and 2 of them end up together, so I guess it's a matter of opinion whether or not it's happy)

Saving Face (2004) (not an Asian movie, but the main characters are Chinese-American)

Gay:

The Wedding Banquet (1993)

Also two more recommendations, but I'm not sure if they have happy endings because I don't remember how they ended:

Tropical Malady (2004)

Happy Together (1997)

I always found the poster for the Handmadien off putting? It looks like it might be dark? But if you're telling me it ends happily I'll put it on my list! Saving Face I saw on netflix but the rest of these are new to me so I'll check them out! Thanks!!

Yes, The Handmaiden is quite dark, but the ending is happy.  I probably shouldn't say more than that, to avoid spoiling it.  It's one of the best movies of the decade, imo.

Okay that sounds promising, I can deal with dark if things end happily. I'll definitely check it out! 

• Kinou Nani Tabeta? (Japanese drama, a slice of life about a middle-aged gay couple)
  • Close-Knit (Japanese movie, told from the perspective of a young girl who lived with her uncle and his trans wife)
  • IS - Otoko Demo Onna Demo Nai Sei (Japanese drama, the main character is an intersex who identifies as male; it also features other intersex people who identify as female and non-binary)
  • Tonari no Kazoku wa Aoku Mieru (Japanese drama that features three couples, one of which are gay)

On another note, I'm pretty sure Wong Kar-wai's Happy Together doesn't end happily (which is why I have yet to watch it even though I'm a big fan or his :p)