Hi! I absolutely love series about ghosts, the supernatural, detectives, crime, etc. but I have such a hard time finding any series like this from Asia, especially from China. I've sees The Master's Sun (LOVED it) and The Girl Who Sees Scents, and I'm currently watching A Korean Odyssey, Blood and The Golden Eyes. Probably one or two more but I can't remember hehe.

Does anyone know any chinese dramas with ghosts, detectives, the supernatural, monsters, crime, murder anything of the dark and mysterious genre? Gruesome is completely fine, historical or modern doesn't matter. They don't have to be chinese either, all asian series are welcome! I can't be the only one who loves watching ghost- and crime series hahah. :-)

There are a ton of korean ones actually: Children of a Lesser God (one of my favs bc cults), Save Me, The Cursed (ongoing), The Guest, Tell Me what you saw (ongoing), Strangers in Hell, Possessed, The Ghost Detectiv, Catch The Ghost, the village:achiara’s secret—for dark gritty crime stuff, just watch everything released in recent years on OCN. Everything you’re looking for can be found in their dramas

Chinese (most ghost ones will probably be historical which I don’t watch much anymore so I can’t help there; bc of censorship, supernatural can be a grey zone): Day and Night, Guardian, Memory Lost, Love me if you dare, medical examiner Dr qin, when a snail falls in love, SCI

Japanese: Unnatural, Galileo, Trick (I know this drama is hella old but it’s definitely in the vein and has a million movies), Mr Brain, Strawberry Night (og version)... Japan does a lot of crime and they’re usually way grittier, just look thru each drama’s rec list bc their names escape me

Mystic stuff/ghosts/monsters etc. (mostly adventure):

Tientsin Mystic

The Lost Tomb series (Mystic Nine, The Lost Tomb, The Lost Tomb 2, Tomb of the Sea)

Candle in the Tomb series

Eagles and Youngster

Bureau of Transformer (more on the funny side, but it's about monsters solving crimes)

Dark crime/thriller but no ghosts or supernatural:

Day and Night

Burning Ice

Original Sin

Now in 2020 there's also a new k-drama called The Game: Towards Zero. I started watching it and duuuuude it is good. I'm only 2 episodes in so I might be to quick to speak, but I am obsessed lol

In addition:

• The ghost bride (Taiwan) - ghosts
  • The Fearless (Taiwan) - ghost
  • Soul (Korea) - ghost. Revenge drama
  • Grudge: revolt of the fox tail (Korea) - fox tail and ghost. Revenge 
  • Joseon X Files (Korea) _scifi. Investifative
  • Wu Xin: Monster Killer (China) - minster/supernatural but more of adventure drama
  • Death Note (Japan) - investigative and shinigami
  • Who are You (Korea) - ghost detective  drama
  • Circle - scifi detective drama
  • Webdramas/Drama specials
    • Girl K - like kill Bill movie with scifi
    • Aftermath - ghost/detective
    • Nightmare teacher - spooky supernatural