I have only been watching Kdrama and Cdrama and a few thai bl's but I want to try watching Jdrama, I started watching Coffee and Vanilla and I watched the trailer and thought it was just a sexy, romantic drama but I had to drop it and I feel almost traumatised by it lol, please recommend me some Good romance Jdramas, I prefer newer dramas so maybe 2016 +

• Boku unmei no hito desu
  • We married as a job
  • Buzzer Beat
  • Pride
  • Sekai ichi muzukashii koi
  • Zenkai Girl
  • Feom 5 to 9
  • Tatta Hitotsu no koi
  • Soratobu Kouhoushitsu

Unfortunately I haven't been watching new jdramas but I can assure you that there are some really interesting titles you can give a go.

Boku dake ga Inai Machi (2017)  - If you are interested in the mystery and thriller genre you MUST give this one a try. It will keep you on your toes the whole time and the story is very meaningful and well thought. Also Furukawa Yuki is a really good actor that has been doing a better job with each project, so maybe keep him in mind as well. This drama is one of the best thrillers out there!

Last Cinderella (2013)  - This is one of the dramas that I always recommend to everyone around me.The story  and overall vibe is very original and fresh. It has a mature story, the kind of "sexy love" you said you were expecting with Coffee and Vanilla...well to be truthful that was garbage, and it can't even be named a drama! In here though, you will see something completely different. It can be seen as a romcom with a touch of "slice of life". Also you may want to check other works by Miura Haruma, as he is one of the best actors of this generation.

Love Shuffle (2009) - One of my favorite dramas period! First of all the cast is amazing, the characters are multi-dimensional and the story flows at a natural pace without any time for boredom. It's basically all about love and what it means when the emotion it's embraced by humans. I would categorize within the drama genre with a bit of comedy and slice of life and romance of course. The whole package really, so you should really give it a try just for curiosity if nothing else.

Liar Game (2007) - This is really a must watch for every drama fan out there. Till this day I haven't found a series that has been as catchy as this one right here. It has mind-games, suspense, a genius male lead that always leaves you with your mind wide open and with your brain on fire. I don't care about the year, this is one series that I rewatched it 3 times, and I never ever do that! Also it's the first one of a pretty long series (multiple seasons and movies), the last one being a movie in 2012. This one is a classic and one of a kind!

Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (2006)  - One of the most romantic things you will find out there! If you are a big fan of romanticism and the "us vs the world" idea then please give this one a try as well!

That would be my list! Those are some of my favorite japanese dramas out there, and I've watched quite a number of them over the years. I hope you will give some of them a try and enjoy your time!