I'm a big fan of dramas like Ningen Shikkaku ~Tatoeba Boku ga Shindara, LIFE, 49 Days, Ikebukuro West Gate Park, Last Friends, etc... I'm looking for more darker dramas to watch like the ones above. Some romance is fine but I prefer that not to be the main focus. I also enjoyed Nobuta wo Produce, which was lighter than most dramas I tend to go to but still interesting and focused on human emotions and friendship. Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese... Anything is okay.
Flowers For My Life

It's a dark comedy about life and death.
Try these:
- Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi 1 & 2
- Cat Street
- Kaseifu no Mita
- Limit
- Mars
Maybe Nankyoku Tairiku. Really heartwarming drama around human relationship and friendship and so much more. I would also suggest Maou, Ninkyo Helper, Kazoku Game....
If you're looking for dark (and pretty f'd up), look no farther than One Million Stars Falling from the Sky. I just hope it's still around somewhere. For heartwarming check out Ashita no Kita Yoshio and/or Ame to Yume no Ato ni. Both Stars and Ame are old and may prove hard to find but Kita is fairly new. Que Sera, Sera is also a mindf*ck. Most people love it, I did not. All 4 main characters needed psychiatric help more than a lover. Oh and Karamazov no Kyoudai was quite a good adaption of The Brothers Karamazov.
Thanks! Usually I like to watch one Japanese, one Korean, and one Chinese/Taiwanese at the same time so recommendations are really appreciated. Dark/etc is also great. Anything that is similar to the kind of shows I already enjoy. Occasionally I like a lighter drama but usually prefer the more twisted ones.
Try To Watch Japanese drama of 2013 TONBI it is really toching and 2009 MOTHER you can add to your list 2009 Aishiteru and smile 2009 too
A bit more of the darker/psychological side: Bump Off Lover White Christmas
Runaway Aisuru Kimi no Tame ni Kazoku Game (i would recommend this the most fits your description perfectly you'll be blown away) Byakuyako 35 sai no Koukousei i think these are what your looking for
MARS, Bad Guy, also maybe some crime dramas like Ghost or Two Weeks
- Kingyo Club - Cat street - Maou And if you want drama with dark atmosphere, I would recommend you: Cruel City and Kurosagi.
Dark:
Zeni Geba
Yakou Kanransha
Taiyou no Kisetsu
edit: Byakuyakou might be worth a look, though personally I couldn't finish it.

Light:

Kisarazu Cat's Eye
Haikei, Chichiue-sama

Somewhere in between:

Shinya Shokudou
Aishiteru
Hikari to Tomo ni
Gyne
Daisuki!!