Sleepninja wrote: I'm already watching the Japanese version. In fact, I'm on the very last episode. :D It's definitely impressed me. I don't think I should watch the Korean one for a while...I'm too in love with the original right now.

I've seen Taisetsu, I absolutely loved it.

I love Queen's Classroom! Perhaps this is the best shows featuring grade school kids, though it is a bit repetitive when cute little Kanda getting pwned by Akutsu Maya almost all the time LOL. I wonder why only 2-3 of these kids make it big when they grew up

BladeySteeleye wrote: Suzuki Sensei didn't strike me as a very popular kind of drama. I still haven't seen it myself but it's my priority for very soon. I heard it's good though and offers some food for thought.

-The Queen's Classroom (the Japanese, original version)
-Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete.....

Glad to hear that. The reason why it is so underrated is because of its very low rating that deters everyone but the most die-hard drama fans to watch it. However I heard the DVD sales in its native country is so good, it prompted the producers to do a continuation movie, so I guess it is eventually become reasonably popular there.

Other school dramas I'd like to recommend: Medaka, Kinpachi Sensei series, GTO, School! (the one with Yosuke Eguchi)
lontongstroong wrote: I love Queen's Classroom! Perhaps this is the best shows featuring grade school kids, though it is a bit repetitive when cute little Kanda getting pwned by Akutsu Maya almost all the time LOL. I wonder why only 2-3 of these kids make it big when they grew up

I wondered that too. THey were all extremely talented, but some of them haven't been as active according to their MDL filmographies.

I love the original GTO, but haven't seen the remake. Have you? I'm wondering if it's worth the watch.
Sleepninja wrote: I wondered that too. THey were all extremely talented, but some of them haven't been as active according to their MDL filmographies.

I love the original GTO, but haven't seen the remake. Have you? I'm wondering if it's worth the watch.

Yes I have, and I'd say don't watch it, it's like a pale comparison to the former, unless you are a big fan of one of the cast or love cute girls. The level of acting, directing, script, and virtually everything else are so different. I've never accept the fact that they made Onizuka into a stupid preacher. Real Onizuka doesn't do moral lesson talking that much, instead of that he loves to do more and talk lesser. And almost forgot, the kids are just good-looking while they are really lackluster in acting
kingyo club is a great underrated jdrama
Hot shot (personal favourite!), Brown sugar macchiato, Gloomy salad days, Mysterious Incredible Terminator and Love Buffet! They are all Taiwan dramas and in order of my preference :)