Turns out I really like historical (Sageuk) dramas, and I need more! Doesn't matter if it ends in tragedy or if it's happy, but I want something with a lot of action. Preferably with 16 to 20 episodes, 24 might be acceptable depending on the cast/genre/synopsis. So far I've watched: A Tree With Deep Roots Arang and the Magistrate Bicheonmu Chuno Damo Faith Gu Family Book Hong Gil Dong Iljimae Jumong Knife and Flower Sungkyunkwan Scandal The Legend The Moon That Embraces the Sun The Princess' Man Warrior Baek Dong Soo Yaksha Think that's it... Also going to watch Empress Ki as it airs. Thank you!
It's a little hard to find a good histprical drama with max 24 eps, but I can recommend you from what I watched Knife and Flower (20 eps) !!! Don't let the low ratings influence you !!! The Legend (24 eps) Damo (14 eps) Faith (24 eps) I have in my list more, but they're longer
1. Bicheonmu (14 eps) 2. Strongest Chil Woo (not bad) There are some great historical dramas but they exceed 24 episodes. For instance, Jumong, Queen Seon Deok, The Kingdom Of The Winds, Jejoongwon, Dong Yi and so on...
The Kingdom of the Winds, Jumong, The Legend. I know others mentioned them too, but I thought you would want more opinions:) All three are really good dramas.
Watch The Return of Iljimae (MBC). This aired shortly after the SBS version did. They were almost competing with each other (I think MBC changed the name to ROI and to a later air date for this reason. Although I don't quite remember because it aired so long ago). The origin stories, the main character's disposition, everything is super different. Both are pretty good, IMO, but most people tend to like ROI a lot more.
bettyboo wrote: It's a little hard to find a good histprical drama with max 24 eps, but I can recommend you from what I watched
Knife and Flower (20 eps) !!! Don't let the low ratings influence you !!!
The Legend (24 eps)
Damo (14 eps)
Faith (24 eps)

I have in my list more, but they're longer

I've actually had recommendations for all of those already so I shall start downloading them, except Knife and Flower, already downloaded that one - I never pay attention to ratings myself, they very rarely reflect the truth.

About the longer ones, I'll think about those once I watch Jumong.

minbaobeu93 wrote: 1. Bicheonmu (14 eps)
2. Strongest Chil Woo (not bad)

There are some great historical dramas but they exceed 24 episodes. For instance, Jumong, Queen Seon Deok, The Kingdom Of The Winds, Jejoongwon, Dong Yi and so on...

Those 2 look good, thank you! And I already downloaded Jumong, just waiting for the right time to watch it, will probably watch The Kingdom of the Winds as well if I like Jumong.
Princess Ja Myung Go
I never really liked watching sageuks myself, but after 'Fugitive of Joseon', I kinda like them now! Fugitive of Joseon, or Heaven's Order/Mandate of Heaven is a pretty nice show with 20 episodes! The beginning was abit slow for me (back when I didn't like sageuks yet), but it picked up pace in the later half and I got hooked! The male lead Lee Dong Wook may not be the MOST attractive main lead you've seen, but he is really likeable in the show. I liked the whole cast in general, they were very fun, cute and epic to watch despite the sometimes-serious atmosphere in the show. Glad that you don't judge shows by ratings, cuz this show didn't get such high ratings though I thought it was a very good show :)
Queen in hyun's man is a must watch. It is a mix between modern and historical
Queen Seon Deok, Dong Yi,Jumong, Yi San, Horse Doctor, Mandate of Heaven, Queen In Soo, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, and many more.. lol i love watching saeguk drama.. x3
Updated my list. So far I've watched: A Tree With Deep Roots Arang and the Magistrate Bicheonmu Chuno Damo Faith Gu Family Book Hong Gil Dong Iljimae Jumong Knife and Flower Sungkyunkwan Scandal The Legend The Moon That Embraces the Sun The Princess' Man Warrior Baek Dong Soo Yaksha What else am I missing that is under 24 episodes?