Ok, so i'm getting attracted more to historical jdramas, but i'm scared i start to begin watching a jdrama it's story is set in ancient time that i get bored by it eventually. Yae no Sakura seems interesting. Does anyone know with which one i can start with?
I haven't seen many historical jdrama, just a few. I recommend "Tempest" (there is also gender bender) and "Jin" (with time travel). I haven't completed Jin 2, but I really liked the first drama. Edited: Ok, just checked my Drama List and I've only completed 3 historical jdramas. I want to watch more dramas, but the ones I try are usually too much detailed. I mean, they spent a lot of time introducing characters, there are too many references to history and I get tired. Do you recommend Yae no Sakura? It is in my PTW list.
I have only watched two historical dramas, but I second the recommendation for The Tempest. It's really good. It has some fantasy elements so it's obviously not 100% realistic but it is somehow based on a historical background. It's not at all boring! Or I didn't think so. :)
Atsu-Hime is a great one It was my first historical jdrama (actually it was my first Asian drama) and I the cast is great.Many actors from this drama are now my all time favorites.
I definitely would recommend Yae no Sakura :) it was great! ^^ also, I liked those as well: Byakkotai Onna Nobunaga Gou ~ Himetachi no Sengoku
These are some of the best 'period' drama....

JIN
JIN 2
Ooku
Well for me it seems a lot of the longer historical dramas are hard to find completed subbed. My two suggestions are.. Atsu - hime Gou