This might be a hard one, but I'm looking for dramas that are on the darker side. Something similar to LIFE, Mars, or Gloomy Salad Days that deal with social issues. The country doesn't matter and I would prefer if it had some sort of love story.
Last Friends is definitely a good fit for what you are looking for. ^^

Also, Madonna Verde is another one you might be interested in. ^^
Deep Love. I personally hated it, but you may like it since it sounds like what you are looking for.
Dark and Romance...? You should watch Byakuyako

Another one you can try Takuya Kimura drama,,,,, One Million Stars Falling from the Sky
Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't realized some of these existed. I will be checking these out soon.
I +1 Buakuyaku. Definitely of the darkest romance in dramaland. You also have Soredemo Ikite Yuku
I add my vote to Buakuyaku and there's also A Sleeping Forest and Ice World (more of a dark suspense romance).
Jungle Fish and Jungle Fish 2 are a bit dark and deal with social issues/issues for students. They touch on a bit of romantic interests, but it's not the focal point of the stories.
Since everyone had voted for Byakuyako, I'd add my own list: Zeni Geba Kono yo no Hate Koukou Kyoushi (the 1993 version) Iguana no Musume Suzuki Sensei (not that dark, but still somewhat gloomy) Atami no Sousakan (though it tends to drift towards satire-surreal, black comedy) Lost Days (again, not too gloomy, it's much intense rather than dark) Marks no Yama (if you're fond of thriller, fast-paced drama) Shokuzai
Thanks again guys. I just started Last Friends and I'm absolutely hooked!!!
Yeah, I was going to suggest Last Friends as well but since I'm late I guess I'll have to say White Christmas, The Quiz Show and Liar Game are also good.
I'll add my own list of darker/more serious Dramas. All Japanese & mostly geared to romance as that's all I can think of right now. Some may be darker/lighter than others but if you are enjoying Last friends you will hopefully like the following. Didn't really read the comments in the thread or look at your profile in too much detail. But hopefully there will be something no one has recommended yet. :) Nagareboshi Orange Days Cat Street Glass no Ie Innocent Love Sweet Room Strawberry On the Shortcake Akai Ito Piece Last Money ~ Price of Love H2 Soredemo Ikite Yuku Sunao ni Narenakute
bump off lover << very good
watch Bump Off Lover (T-drama) and maybe The Devil (K-drama)
I find the following Korean dramas dark: The devil Five Fingers Shark Secret