Hi, I need to ask my girlfriend to prom...she loves asian dramas. Think she loves "My Love from the Stars" or "My Love from ANother Star" or something. Anyways, can you guys tell me what the show is about? And the motifs? So far all i know beer and fried chicken is big in the show. Please Help :)
Cute! Yes, fried chicken and beer is definitely a motif in the story. It's about an alien who accidentally got stuck in our world in the Joseon era, and has lived immortally until now. But his time is up, and at the time the story starts, he has 3 months until he needs to go back home. The main girl is an actress, and the alien guy is her college professor. They're also neighbors in an apartment building. Some other things that might have meaning--A pair of sparkly silver high heels, a jade hairpin, Christmas lights (they were part of a really romantic scene), and maybe a potted plant, which symbolized his life on Earth. She drove a sexy red convertible that was used a lot, since he saved her life in it and stuff. Hope that helps!
invisible_ink wrote: maybe a potted plant

At first I joked about getting her a potted plant but this changes everything hahaha! Don't worry I'll get her potted flowers or something that I'll see at Kroger.

invisible_ink wrote: a sexy red convertible

Gah, if only I could haha

invisible_ink wrote: a jade hairpin

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WAfdyFAPC9s/Uw2BuEzLOFI/AAAAAAAAFDc/OwwmynsXmx0/s1600/MY+LOVE+FROM+ANOTHER+STAR+2-41.jpg
is that what it looks like?

invisible_ink wrote: Christmas lights

I could wrap myself around some...

But here is what I thought of doing:
Dress up as an alien(?) wrapped around Christmas lights
Make a sign that says, "I don't know much about Asian dramas except fried chicken and beer but can I be your love from another star? (Flip sign) Prom?"

Dressing up as an alien: My gf's best friend told me to just print the protagonist's face and wear it myself. Not sure whether to do that or go to walgreens or a costume shop and buy a comical looking alien mask, or cheaper method of printing an alien face out.
I love what you are going to write on the sign! It's perfect. He never really dresses up like an alien or anything, but if you wear a suit, that's how the main guy usually dresses. Put the Christmas lights up behind you preferably. This is the romantic scene with the lights...sorta: http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/FJglvdLGXMU/maxresdefault.jpg

It's not as crucial as the chicken and beer, and maybe the potted plant or silver high heels. Props to you on going all out, and I love your ideas. She'd be crazy not to fall for you!

Fighting!
are you a reddit user? :o i saw this question on there too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AXzxQbltUA

Here is an MV of the drama and a picture of the main guy (he usually wore a suit, a sweater or a jacket with the collar up)
invisible_ink wrote: Cute! Yes, fried chicken and beer is definitely a motif in the story. It's about an alien who accidentally got stuck in our world in the Joseon era, and has lived immortally until now. But his time is up, and at the time the story starts, he has 3 months until he needs to go back home. The main girl is an actress, and the alien guy is her college professor. They're also neighbors in an apartment building.

Some other things that might have meaning--A pair of sparkly silver high heels, a jade hairpin, Christmas lights (they were part of a really romantic scene), and maybe a potted plant, which symbolized his life on Earth. She drove a sexy red convertible that was used a lot, since he saved her life in it and stuff.

Hope that helps!

jasg83 wrote: are you a reddit user? :o i saw this question on there too!

I am but not sure I posted there.
Here is an update I was getting ready with all the posters and everything. I bought some markers and even got some experts (as in girls with neat handwriting) to help me. Well, we needed a group so I set up a couple and helped the friend so we could fit in with them. It was the orchestra group; I was in orchestra and my gf was in band. I was excited and I was working on the posters already. BUT... We got kicked out of the group because of a couple people didn't know me... then my gf decided she didn't want to go. She said screw them. Now, I'm quite bummed because I really liked the idea. Oh well... But, I really thank you guys for all your help. The community here is very nice!
What a bummer!! Sorry, dude. The thought was pretty epic!