So, summer is coming up for me! Another three weeks to go and I'm free for three whole months! Hooray! So during the times when I'm not working or spending time with my friends or fangirling about AKB, what else is there to do but watch dramas?! However, the very real problem of simply not knowing what to watch next is what plagues me at the moment. My issue is that I don't have a "type" of drama I like, I'm open to any genre and I'm not terribly picky. You can probably see that from looking at my list. Whether the drama/movie is on my Plan To Watch list or not, I want to hear what you guys think. What are your favorite dramas that I haven't seen and why? When I watch dramas I tend to either watch a serious one and a light-hearted one simultaneously or back-to-back in order to have a nice balance, so if you want to recommend one serious drama and one lighter drama that would be great! Most of all, what I want to hear is the basics of why you love it so much! :D
From Korean dramas I could recommend from your plan to watch list: I Hear Your Voice (IHYV) and You Who Came from the Stars (YWCFTS). Shut Up: Flower Boy Band (SUFBB) is also good one and lots of people recommended me Reply 1997. IHYV and YWCFTS are a bit similar in atmosphere. They are both fun and have lots of interesting characters. IHYV has an unusual (for Korean drama) heroine who is played perfectly by Lee Bo Young. I think she is one of my favorite female characters. SUFBB is more music oriented (and the music is great) angsty and dash tragic but it's also uplifting. Other Korean dramas that I would recommend you are: City Hall - great blend of romance and politics. Vampire Prosecutor 1&2 - It's quite trilling, second season is even better than the first. We are all hoping for the third. The King of Dramas - amazing characters and great cast. And from Japanese dramas that you have on your list I could recommend Rich Man, Poor Woman (great cast and very good plot), Queen's Classroom (so different than the usual teachers-students dramas e.g. Gokusen, GTO) and Liar Game (though I haven't watched it I've read manga and manga is great and so I heard is the drama). And those that you don't have on your list: Atashinchi no Danshi - a bit crazy but hilarious and so much fun. I think this is the drama I had the most fun watching. Love Shuffle - original with great plot Karamazov no Kyodai - darker drama with lots of serious questions and the acting is superb. Ichihara Hayato was amazing and all the other actors were awesome too. Music is so well blended that it becomes one with cinematography, characters and the atmosphere. Last Cinderella - if you like older female younger male dramas, it's fun and entertaining. As for Taiwanese I will agree with Autumn's Concerto but you should know that there are lots of misunderstandings but it's also quite romantic and cute. Material Queen - there aren't a lot of misunderstandings here aside from the one at the beginning and characters are more battling with themselves than against some evilness that tries to hinder their happiness and that's why this drama is interesting. Main female character, Chu Man really grows during this drama. I think I'll stop now. There are lots of dramas already. (: