maryxiah:

I see. I don't want to pay more on top of my VIP subscription, feels like a scam. But yeah, I can always watch from TV box or pirated sites. I can watch without subtitles no problem, I just might not understand if they start reciting poems, my Chinese is very limited. 

Lol... don't worry, I usually won't really understand either if they are reciting poems, esp those ancient ones.

Enigma05:

So 7am my time. Ok good to know. Thanks. Wonder how much they'll charge me this time. MLC was $7 USD.

I don't know how much MLC was bc I didn't pay since it was small scrren only. I watched it on my internet box for free.

Yeah but you also don't need subs Lol.

Enigma05:

Yeah but you also don't need subs Lol.

I don't mind paying Ijust won't on principle bc I complain to iQiyi about it every time and tell them I won't pay for express on the small screen. I have to mean what I say.

PeachBlossomGoddess:
That means the Gongs knew all along that 

Ziyi is a spy. They allowed her to know how naive and foolish Ziyu is.
SGQ and YWS are spies - that is why they were both chosen
Wuji has most likely turned against Wufeng and is helping the Gongs. She is faking all the murders loudly advertising Wuming to get SGQ and YWS and to show themselves.
No one died, it is just a plan to let Wufeng think that the Gong family is torn apart by internal squabbling and the less competent younger generation has taken over and trap them when they come in. 
In the meantime, the Gongs have prepared lethal weapons and are lying in waiting for them to come all at once.
It explains what SJ really wants - revenge for his mother and brother's death. 

Your theory goes out of the window with the following evidence:

It is clear that there are two factions are working against each other within the Gong residence.  We don't know if there are two Wufeng teams in the game playing against each other for the Infinite Heat or an internal Gong faction is trying to get hold of the Infinite Heat themselves.  

The direction of the story is pointing towards Wufeng is being betrayed by its own kind, Lady Wuji.  She purposely injured herself when SGQ caught her redhandedly writing the blood message on the wall.  She knows about the Infinite Heat.  SGQ also knows about the Infinite Heat after Wuji and her exchanged info about their mission and she also knows that Wuji is the Anonymous.  However, her current mission is to kill GSJ and get hold of the Herb Elixir (if I am not mistaken, I think).  I think she knows about the dark hours experienced by the Gong men after they have swallowed the Heart Devouring Moon tonic.  Her mission is to strike GSJ when he is at his weakest moment.  

Yups, this was just a wild theory and not my base case either. That's why I posted it separately to not confuse the main discussion carried out elsewhere. 

I think Qian is the real traitor to Wufeng even though I don't think she is on Gongmen's side either. I think she wants them to both destroy each other. I  just posted my latest thoughts on Qian here:
https://mydramalist.com/737063-half-of-us#comment-14630771

PeachBlossomGoddess:
I think Qian is the real traitor to Wufeng even though I don't think she is on Gongmen's side either. I think she wants them to both destroy each other. I  just posted my latest thoughts on Qian here:
https://mydramalist.com/737063-half-of-us#comment-14630771

She's begun to ponder about the death of Lang Di Di during the attack by Wufeng ten years ago.  Her master could have been involved in the massacre.  

mparthur:

She's begun to ponder about the death of Lang Di Di during the attack by Wufeng ten years ago.  Her master could have been involved in the massacre.  

Well if Dianzhu is the master of Wufeng then for sure, she is the ultimate person behind that too.

PeachBlossomGoddess:

Well if Dianzhu is the master of Wufeng then for sure, she is the ultimate person behind that too.

The problem is the bitch who killed Yun Que knows the sabre technique owned by the Gong family.

Dianzhu is the one whose lover's feet and legs were chopped off and she went mad and end up killing dozeons of people?  I suspect she could be linked with GZS's father.  That's why the latter is in charge of the Shang branch when her father is still alive.  He is disabled so his daughter has to replace him temporarily until her brother grows up.  Her little brother has said once he has grown up, his father will ask the Elders to remove GZS from her position.  The father is the only male descendant of his age group who is still alive.

Zhuo Mei was YWS's master?  What's the story behind Zhou Mei?

mparthur:

The problem is the bitch who killed Yun Que knows the sabre technique owned by the Gong family.

Dianzhu is the one whose lover's feet and legs were chopped off and she went mad and end up killing dozeons of people?  I suspect she could be linked with GZS's father.  That's why the latter is in charge of the Shang branch when her father is still alive.  He is disabled so his daughter has to replace him temporarily until her brother grows up.  Her little brother has said once he has grown up, his father will ask the Elders to remove GZS from her position.  The father is the only male descendant of his age group who is still alive.

Zhuo Mei was YWS's master?  What's the story behind Zhou Mei?

Nope. Dianzhu was Zhuomei's senior sect sister and she is the one who chopped up Zhuomei's lover. Dianzhu is also the one who Qian has revealed as the head of Qianfeng and most likely Wufeng. She is probably the Wind/Feng elder who parted ways with Gongmen. Zhuomei was YWS's master. 

PeachBlossomGoddess:

"' It seems like several people desperately want him to be SW"

Yeah this I think is becoming increasingly clear - and the only people who could manipulate Ziyu into SW has to be someone internal and most likely bc they think he is a pushover. If it is not to lure Wufeng into complacency and coming in, I think its becauses omeone want to steal the secret of the back mountain and leave Gong with it. After all they are all slowly dying out on that toxic mountain and its obvious that the most of the younger generation wants to be free. But yes hopefully Ziyu shows all of them he is not the patsy they thought he is... 

This makes me really sad for him if it turns out being true. He hasn't been a favorite character of mine, but that's messed up if family members are using him like that. 

hafu_girl:

This makes me really sad for him if it turns out being true. He hasn't been a favorite character of mine, but that's messed up if family members are using him like that. 

Yeah it's a dark story, everyone is complicated and may rationalise why they use him. For better or worse, he has grown from all this...

PeachBlossomGoddess:
Zhuomei was YWS's master

Zhuo Mei is the one who taught YWS the Qingfeng Sword Technique.  So, Zhuo Mei's master could be someone from the missing Feng family.

The missing Feng family's story was not revealed in detail.