Hi everyone , I just discovered (and finish) "Color Rush" and I love it , the history is so original , I check the recommandation and see an other drama where the story seems to be original call "Dear my name" (people are born with the name of your lover is write on your body) .

So I was curious to see which original , creative K drama (or other drama like Cdrama, Jdrama etc) you ever see (even if you didn't like it ). Original in concept or story , you can list more than one if you like  . 

For me , there some drama I found original in idea of story or concept 

• "Color rush" , color blind guy who can see color if he found the right person for him
  • "W between two world" , a girl who can enter in a webtoon  
  • "Hotel del Luna" an hotel for spirit , 
  • "The game toward" ,a guy who can see the death of a person
  • "Signal" , two detectives in differente time line working together , 
  • "Switch" a con artist who pretend to be a prosecuror same for ("Your Honor")
  • "38 task force" con artist who will work for the gouvernement ,
  • "Memories of the Alhambra" an ar game where you can die for real .
  • "Circle" , past and futur  
  • "Are you Human Too", a robot who pretend to be an human
  • "Im not a robot" , an human pretend to be a robot
  • "Kill me Heal me", "Hyde Jekyl" , disorder personnality 

And for Jdrama (I didn't watch so much) but:

• "Hammer Session" , a con artist who pretend to be a teacher
  • "Kurosaki" , a crooks who capture other crooks 

And you , what is you most original  Kdrama  you ever watch ? 

I'd like to add "unusual" as well to the definition.

"Mr. Queen" was quite creative I felt like, although it's based on a Chinese story "Go go princess". The idea that a man's consciousness travels back in time and into a woman is quite intriguing and gave me many funny thoughts :)

"Hi Bye Mama!" I thought was very unusual and creative when I first watched it, but it's a sad drama of course.

"Oh my ghostess" as well, quite fun.

In your list I've watched and agree with

"W" and "Hotel del luna"

Thank you for your answer. Yes indeed unusual is also a good term. 

I don't know any of TV show you write but I read the synopsis and indeed it's seem interesting and original. 

Can you explain why you tough "Hi bye mama" was creative? I read the synopsis but I would like to have your opinion. 

Arthdal Chronicles! Very creative and very well written. It's my favorite show of all time, you should give the first two episodes a try and see if you like it! 

Oh nice this is totally the kind of story I would love. Definitely put in my watching list 

Original:

• Arthdal Chronicles - very very oroginal in scale, setting and world building. 
  • Live - police officers setting with characters starting at the school fpr police and develop into their assigned station. It has an  unusual FL with bad past trauma but functions as a normal person with good coping mechanism, relatively to other FL who either are sevetely damaged or so chipper and goody it kinda is an eyesore. It also has an atypical romance with no alpha male, just good old normal guys you probably knowin your normal days
  • Hospital Playlist - even if medical dramas comes in loads, the concept of hospital playlist with 5 main character, that has their different departments and specialtiea to showcase... and plus chaebol character who actually are innately kind and charitable, or another who actually hates fighting foer their parents big company
  • Queens classroom - even though this is a remake from a japanese drama, the original part of this drama is with regaeds to its characters: this drama focused on one adult MC and most of the story revolves around kids. For school setting that doesnt deal with high schooler or college students, what yoi get here are kids .
  • Misaeng - office setting  that doesnt deal with romance  and superficia office setting. This feels so realistic that you can see the struggle of what it is to be a newly minted adult thrust into the big bad world.
  • Prison Playbook
  • Papa
  • Non Korean:
    • Hikaru No Go
    • Mr. Hiragii's Classroom
    • The World between Us
    • Hanzawa Naoki
    • First Half of My Life

Wow that's a big list. I didn't see any of them except Hikaru no go. Thank you to share it 

• Abyss (2019) A man and a woman who tragically die and are given another chance at life through soul-reviving marbles in a magical abyss.
  • Crash Landing on You (2019) One day, while paragliding, Yoon Se Ri has an accident caused by strong winds, leading her to crash land in North Korea, where she meets Ri Jung Hyuk, a North Korean army officer, who agrees to help her return to South Korea.
  • My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho (2010) One day, Dae Woong visits a temple and accidentally sets free a Gumiho, nine-tailed fox, who was trapped in a painting for 500 years.
  • The Beauty Inside (2018) Han Se Gye is faced with a strange occurrence where she must change into a different body and new identity for one week a month.
  • Joy of Life -(c-drama)The whole thing left an impression on me and very unexpected. It unexpectedly for a historical crossed genres bordering on sci-fi
  • Beyond Evil - For a crime drama it really kept you guessing and got better every episode.
  • Mr. Queen - The sense of humour alone was cool.The FL lead character was different
  • The School Nurse Files - Definitely not lacking in creativity. Borders  on the absurd. Many wtf moments.
  • While You Were Sleeping - the premise was interesting
 Yukina Aizawa:

Thank you for your answer. Yes indeed unusual is also a good term. 

I don't know any of TV show you write but I read the synopsis and indeed it's seem interesting and original. 

Can you explain why you tough "Hi bye mama" was creative? I read the synopsis but I would like to have your opinion. 

Hi bye mama ! explores the ramification of someone coming back to life, and I found its take on it quite intriguing, real and emotional.  

Abyss is similar in a way, coming back to life concept, but is more of a thriller instead of Hi bye mama being an emotional drama.

I agree with The Beauty Inside, it's a intriguing concept. I liked the series more than the movie, but the movie was good too.

Queen In Hyun's Man is also interesting, a time travel kdrama.

Extracurricular (인간수업) - very unusual somewhat touchy subject (sex work and adjacent areas) and outstanding writing and acting. i found it super interesting just seeing the high school relationships it portrays alone.

Indeed beyond evil is really interesting. It start like other thriller but it was so interesting because they make you doubt does the ML is guilty or not.  I watch a lot of thriller and this one was written differently. 

I  love while you sleeping too. 

I'm agree for "Extracurricular", I start it without knowing the story and realize it was different of what I'm used to see, by the way you remember me I need to finish it ^^

Crash Landing on you and W 

Extraordinary You.

It's a similar concept as W, but a high school series where few students realize they're actually characters in webtoon/cartoon.

The same director as for True Beauty.

wow thank you for "Extraordinary You" , I didn't know there were a drama like W . Definitly see this one