I want bad gurls.
Seriously.

Looking for recs for drama (probably Japanese - but other ok too) with a bad girl lead.
They can be straight bad, bad looking to turn good, or bad in the past.

Examples of what I mean -

Japanese
Gokusen
Yan-kumi is all sweet and innocent- til you mess with one of her students... then it's gonna be a whole OTHER lesson.

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
She used to be bad to the bone.... she's trying to turn over a new leaf... but sometimes you just gotta take off the glasses and throw a few punches.

Majisuka Gakuen
Plot? We don't need no stinkin' plot when we've got bad ass gurls running around soaked in blood. This brings "cat fight" to a new level! SERIOUSLY! O.^

Majisuka Gakuen 2
I think I learned the campy-goodness of idol dramas!

Korean
Protect the Boss
When bad gurls grow up they turn into bad ass women! Even though she's a OL She ain't gonna take anything from anybody!

Killer Girl K
Damn!! This gurl is HARDCORE!!
Gun, knife, or barehanded - when she walks away it's going to be covered in your blood!

Korean Historical
Damo
She can take a beating and give a beating! And definitely watch out for her blade! It's sharper than her tongue - but not by much!

Taiwanese
Hi My Sweetheart
Nothing says young love like flames in the eyes and a good left hook!

MOVIES
Azumi - (J)
Chocolate - (Thai)
Ichi - (J)
Mulan 2009 (C)
Raging Phoenix(Deu Suay Doo) (Thai)
So Close (夕阳天使 / 버츄얼 웨폰) (Hong Kong)

What I want in a woman -
I mean bad like a yankee, or a tough gurl, a fighter, who'll hand you your ass and smile at ya. That kind of bad. But with a heart of gold of course... lol
Thanks
Maybe Dream High. One of the girls was quite bad. But even after searching my list I cant think of one.
bannie wrote: Maybe Dream High.
One of the girls was quite bad.

But even after searching my list I cant think of one.

maybe i'll give Dream High a chance.... Thanks so much for looking! You are awesome!!
There's gotta be some bad gurls out there somewhere right?
hello my sweetheart...i think that's the name. Raine plays a bad girl
I think you should try Zenkai Girl.
Personally I loved it. The "heroine" is truly bad, at times almost cringeworthy, but I loved her. :)
amrita828 wrote: I think you should try Zenkai Girl.
Personally I loved it. The "heroine" is truly bad, at times almost cringeworthy, but I loved her. :)

I checked out the synopsis for that... That's not quite what I'm looking for. I mean bad like a yankee, or a tough gurl, a fighter, who'll had you your a$$ and smile at ya. That kind of bad. But with a heart of gold of course... lol
goldenseal50 wrote: hello my sweetheart...i think that's the name. Raine plays a bad girl

I'm not a huge Raine fan, but I will check out the synopsis! Thanks :)
bakakokoro wrote: I want bad gurls.
Seriously.

Looking for recs for drama (probably Japanese - but other ok too) with a bad girl lead.
They can be straight bad, bad looking to turn good, or bad in the past.

Examples of what I mean -

Japanese
Gokusen
Yan-kumi is all sweet and innocent- til you mess with one of her students... then it's gonna be a whole OTHER lesson.

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan
She used to be bad to the bone.... she's trying to turn over a new leaf... but sometimes you just gotta take off the glasses and throw a few punches.

Majisuka
Plot? We don't need no stinkin' plot when we've got bad a$$ gurls running around soaked in blood. This brings "cat fight" to a new level! SERIOUSLY! O.^

Korean
Protect the Boss
When bad gurls grow up they turn into bad a$$ women! Even though she's a OL She ain't gonna take anything from anybody!

What I want in a woman -
I mean bad like a yankee, or a tough gurl, a fighter, who'll had you your a$$ and smile at ya. That kind of bad. But with a heart of gold of course... lol
Thanks

Try these dramas:
Majisuka Gakuen. Looking at your profile looks like you are already watching it.
Yasuko to Kenji. One of the girl leads was the leader of a biker gang (look out when you see fire in her eyes)
Little Girl K. Lead girl will mess you up.

Movie:
Ichi (you'll have to find the torrent and subs for it)

I've also been looking for more of these types of dramas.
muanyata wrote: Try these dramas:
Majisuka Gakuen. Looking at your profile looks like you are already watching it.
Yasuko to Kenji. One of the girl leads was the leader of a biker gang (look out when you see fire in her eyes)
Little Girl K. Lead girl will mess you up.

Movie:
Ichi (you'll have to find the torrent and subs for it)

I've also been looking for more of these types of dramas.

Ichi is the remake of the blind swordsman but with a female lead right? I saw that movie- It was really good!
Little girl K sounds good! Will definitely check it out!

You might like these movies- (they aren't listed here though maybe becuase they are thai? - you can get them on netflix)
Chocolate(Fury)
2008 1hr 32mR
Acclaimed Thai action director Prachya Pinkaew helms this martial arts drama, which follows Zen (JeeJa Yanin), a young autistic woman who discovers that she has the uncanny ability to absorb precision fighting skills just by watching martial arts movies. When her cancer-ridden mother's creditors come calling, Zen attempts to settle the debts by standing up to a hardnosed gang of criminals who have wrongfully swindled money from her family.
I gave it 4/5 stars on netflix

Raging Phoenix(Deu Suay Doo)
2009 1hr 53mR
After she's rescued from a gang of Thai thugs who specialize in the trafficking of women, sexy Deu endures a grueling regimen of drunken-style, break dancing-inspired combat training and sets out to get her revenge.
I gave it 3/5 stars on netflix

There is another one with a female swordwoman and someone takes her in but for the life of me I can't think of the name. It was ok - might have had princess in it lol she might have been the female daughter supposed to take over the band of assassins or something like that... I will have to think on it grrrr.
I'll give a bump for Hai Pai even tho u mentioned you don't like her. The drama does fit your genre tho so if you blank out her face...
bannie wrote: I'll give a bump for Hai Pai even tho u mentioned you don't like her. The drama does fit your genre tho so if you blank out her face...

lol ok will do... I watched her in drunken to love you and that was ok... tried why why love and dropped it
But i'll give her a go! Maybe I'll like her as a bad gurl! =-p
bakakokoro wrote: Ichi is the remake of the blind swordsman but with a female lead right? I saw that movie- It was really good!
Little girl K sounds good! Will definitely check it out!

You might like these movies- (they aren't listed here though maybe becuase they are thai? - you can get them on netflix)
Chocolate(Fury)
2008 1hr 32mR
Acclaimed Thai action director Prachya Pinkaew helms this martial arts drama, which follows Zen (JeeJa Yanin), a young autistic woman who discovers that she has the uncanny ability to absorb precision fighting skills just by watching martial arts movies. When her cancer-ridden mother's creditors come calling, Zen attempts to settle the debts by standing up to a hardnosed gang of criminals who have wrongfully swindled money from her family.
I gave it 4/5 stars on netflix

Raging Phoenix(Deu Suay Doo)
2009 1hr 53mR
After she's rescued from a gang of Thai thugs who specialize in the trafficking of women, sexy Deu endures a grueling regimen of drunken-style, break dancing-inspired combat training and sets out to get her revenge.
I gave it 3/5 stars on netflix

There is another one with a female swordwoman and someone takes her in but for the life of me I can't think of the name. It was ok - might have had princess in it lol she might have been the female daughter supposed to take over the band of assassins or something like that... I will have to think on it grrrr.

Yeah, Ichi had a female blind swordswoman in it.

Thanks for the movie recommendations.

Dramas/movies like Gokusen and Majisuka are one of a kind, I've been looking for quite some time for dramas like those.

Here are a few other recommendations.

Movies:
Azumi
Azumi 2

Dramas:
Jiu
Life(this is more about bullying than fighting and has a more serious tone)
goldenseal50 wrote: hello my sweetheart...i think that's the name. Raine plays a bad girl

hi, my sweetheart <- raine is not that bad in this drama
muanyata wrote:
Life(this is more about bullying than fighting and has a more serious tone)

i'll recomment Life too, the main lead is not exactly a bad ass but the way she tries to overcome bullies was pretty bad ass to me
nekoblah wrote: hi, my sweetheart <- raine is not that bad in this drama

i'll recomment Life too, the main lead is not exactly a bad ass but the way she tries to overcome bullies was pretty bad ass to me

Started watching hi, my sweetheart and it is pretty cute! She's not so bad in this one and it's dorky and funny! Thanks for the recs guys

I read like 2 of the manga for LIFE and I really didn't like it. I think the drama is a little tamer but it might be too serious??!?!
bakakokoro wrote: Started watching hi, my sweetheart and it is pretty cute! She's not so bad in this one and it's dorky and funny! Thanks for the recs guys

I read like 2 of the manga for LIFE and I really didn't like it. I think the drama is a little tamer but it might be too serious??!?!

Yeah, LIFE is really serious, probably not what you are looking for. Yankee girl dramas are too hard to find.