Or they just study a lot and do well in school?? Or really smart characters with a passion for learning?? Or hardworking characters? This is weird but a few days ago I was watching Goblin and seeing the main girl study and just be a top student helped me study. It's always been that way for me. I mimic the behavior of characters I like. And these days I REALLY need to study so although it may seem counterintuitive I'm trying to use dramas to motivate me 

lol my future depends on your recommendations my people

Dragon Zakura - this drama is about a goup of students that challenge the entrance exam to Tokyo University. They give studying techniques through out the drama.

http://mydramalist.com/18704-cinderella-formula
she starts out as a below average student but tries really hard to get into Tokyo Uni
God of Study - they don't exactly like studying, just the opposite actually, but if motivation is all you need this pretty much does the trick. 
Cheese in the Trap--Hong Sul is very hardworking

I've watched all of the movies mentioned above haha. Here are some other movies, romantic and school, less studying than other recommendations. 

Gods of Study (Korean and Japanese ver)

Sassy Go Go - both studying, applying to college, and dancing

Kiyori Renai - student teacher love, but female char is really hard working to improve her weak subject

Bad Genius - ok this is about a genius at studying and cheating, but she makes me want to be smart like her (I don't recommend cheating though)

Age of youth - I haven't finished watching, but there's a girl who studies hard while working part-time, there's another girl who tries to balance study and social life.

✔️ Romantic Dr kim 

Doctors studying to learn new medical procedures 

✔️ School 2017 (2nd ML)