hey guys!! I really love a certain type of show/story and I only just thought of asking about it.

Do you know of any dramas where the main female lead is really good at smth like through hard work/talent and it's a key plot feature?

so to give some examples of stories like that I can only offer up manga... but like Skip Beat (acting) or Oresama Teacher (strongest fighter) or Kitchen Princess even

The closest drama I can think of that I've seen was kind of like in Jealousy Incarnate where she's pretty good at being an announcer and works really hard for it
Trot Lovers was kind of similar but not really bc there's not as much emphasis on the work itself! 

It's kinda specific but if you know any dramas (japanese, korean, chinese, taiwanese, whatever) like that let me know!

This might be close to what you're looking for:

Cheer Cheer Cheer! (the female lead joined a cheering squad willy-nilly to support her crush, but ended up becoming a very respectable captain of the squad)

Attention, Please (about a girl trying to become a flight attendant; I watched it quite a  while ago, but I remember having a newfound respect for flight  attendants watching the show)

Painter of the Wind - girl improves painting skill through working with her teacher
Nodame Cantabile - pianist
Taereung National Village - archer in Olympic training village

The Queen of SOP - This is a Chinese drama.  I remember liking it because one of the heroine's best traits is her integrity to hard work. For me, her growth  arc is more about her career than love life.  Though there is that too. I've watched it twice. I must note I don't particularly like rewatching dramas. 

https://mydramalist.com/3573-the-queen-of-sop

I second Nodame Cantabile

And also recommend:

Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi

Weightlifting fairy

Voice 

Ode to Joy  (Its about women, the bond, their focus on their career and finding love when it comes."

Queen of Mystery (About a married woman who is great at solving cases and helps the police)

Protect the Boss (Harding work woman who is the secretary to a man with mental issues)

When a Snail Falls in Love (A female cop who solves crime, super smart, always focused)

The Whirlwind Girl ( A girl working on her Taekwondo, very driven)

Watch Baby faced beauty starring Jang Na ra and Chou Daniel.. she becomes a fashion designer with her boss and colleague chasing her 

Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo-Female lead talented in make up

Scarlet Heart (Chinese), female lead is good at just about everything she does.

Doctor X (Japanese) super talented female surgeon

Surgeons (Chinese) female lead is also very talented, but the drama is a bit more realistic than Dr X :)

Gochisousan (Japanese asadora) she is very good at cooking

Love O2O - the female lead is a great gamer and really popular in a famous game!

Jealousy Incarnate - the female lead is a hardworking weather forecaster who later becomes an announcer <3

fanitha:

I second Nodame Cantabile

And also recommend:

Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi

Weightlifting fairy

Voice 

I re-watched Ms. Temper and Nam Jung Gi and my opinion of it was higher. It has grown on me because when it was airing I thought it was only an okay show.

I Do, I Do involves an established heel designer and office setting.

38 Task Force - It's an ensemble cast with 2 men who are the 'leads' but some of the women are talented/respected in their fields and the show is about what they all do.

Wild Romance - She's a bodyguard hired to protect a baseball player.

I'm a huge Ha Ji won fan so I would throw in King2Hearts  because she's a soldier but the drama itself isn't that good unless you like the idea of modern kingdom stuff (like Goong but more action instead of romance).

hey guys, thanks for all the recs!! (keep 'em coming!) I'll definitely be going through these!

I've seen When A Snail Falls in Love and would like to point out that that's a similar concept to what I mean, bc the main female is really talented in her field!

From the recs so far, I've already seen Protect the Boss, Jealousy Incarnate (mentioned it in the op), 38 Task Force, and King2Hearts (which is one of my favorite dramas actually lol. haven't seen Goong tho).
Those aren't exactly on the line of what I'm looking for, but they're definitely close!

I second Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, When a Snail Falls in Love, Moon Lovers, and Love O2O. 

• The Princess Wei Young - talented strategist / princess
  • General and I - talented strategist
  • Lost Love in Times - powerful sorceress 
  • The Masked Lover - an architect on the brink of success before having to return home and run the family business / gang while her sister is in a coma
  • Secret Garden - stuntwoman
  • Something About 1% - teacher

Talented singer:

• You're Beautiful
  • Heartstrings (also a talented musician)
  • Dream High (classically trained but forced to try to become an idol)

Talented reporter or dedicated reporter in training:

• While You Were Sleeping
  • Witch's Romance
  • Healer (in training)
  • Pinocchio (in training)

Talented fighter:

• Bromance
  • Sound of the Desert
  • Princess Agents
  • Attention, Love!
  • City Hunter (a security agent in Blue House)
  • Strongest Deliveryman (she's also mastered food delivery)

Talented doctor:

• Live Up to Your Name
  • Hospital Ship
  • Doctors
  • Descendants of the Sun
  • It's Okay, That's Love (psychologist)
  • The Imperial Doctress (starts out as a student)

Kdrama: Empress Ki, Dong Yi, Jewel in the Palace, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Flower in Prison, Witch’s Court. All of them are historical dramas except Witch’s Court

Cdrama: Rookie Agent Rouge 

I second Jewel in the Palace (skilled physician) and Empress Ki (skilled fighter/strategist).

Tunnel - female lead is a skilled criminal profiler

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon - female lead is super strong