An nyoung! I'm new to this site. I'm looking for a psychological or musical drama. I prefer Japanese and Korean dramas. Psychological dramas/movies I have watched: Death Note (the 1st and second movie) Liar Game (the 1st and 2nd season and the finale) White Christmas (currently watching) Naniwa Shonen Tanteidan It would be nice if you can suggest a psychological drama with mystery. I'm not that picky but I just have one thing I can't stand in dramas; the main heroine being pitiful. Lol they just annoy because I would be watching and I would jump out of my chair saying 'JUST KICK HIM IN THE BALLS, STOP BEING A PU**Y' For musical drama's I like the one's with students achieving their dreams. Sounds cheesy but I dont want to be a k-pop start but I really enjoy them. As I said please...let the drama not have a pitiful main charatcer.. It's kind of a bad influence for teens. It's kind of like saying 'Hot boys like pitiful girls' -_- My favorite character's from drama's are the confident one's. Like if you told her she is ugly she would not smile she would stick the finger. :D If you want to have a discussion about pitiful main characters, message me anytime. :P ANYWAY, the musical drama's I have watched are; Dream High (1 & 2) A pitiful heroine in 2 Shut up: Flower Boy Band (KIM MIN SUK- OMG <3) You're beautiful Heartstrings Reply 1997 (Plan to watch) Ma Boy (does it count as a musical?) I have not watched many dramas. Thank you for your time! Every reply is appreciated! An nyoung! <3
Watch: Rock, Rock, Rock (No Min Woo best role ever!!! + quality soundtrack) Nana & Nana 2 (two heroines, you might not like second one) Beck, Bandage and if you can get Star in My Heart. Its not actualy musical but has alot of really very good songs ( main male lead is singer - in drama and in RL ), strong female lead and very good acting.
Lights and shadows (Son Dam Bi play in this drama :D ).
Drama: Nodame Cantabile, I have just started it but I liked the anime, hope to like the drama too.
Beethoven Virus, I loved it, I liked how the whole story revolved around music!

Movies: There's some good rec already, I just want to add Fish Story, it doesn't fit into your preferred movie criteria, but none the less I loved it, so just passing the love around.
Secret, another good movie.
some good psychological ones would be the god's quiz series, vampire prosecutor 1 & 2 and also Special Affairs Team TEN as for musical ones i havent seen many so cant help with that :(
Psychological: Liar Game... all the series and movies Vampire prosecutor and vampire prosecutor 2 Love shuffle Great dramas! Musical Shut up flower boy band Beck
What's Up is a brilliant Musical Drama. The acting is fabulous. Jungle Fish 2 is a good drama, although not too psychological more of a mystery. It's only 8 episodes and I watched it right after White Christmas I loved them both.
the fact that you have not watched much dramas is easier for me to give you a psychological one to watch (i will not list anything musical cause the only one i can think of is Nodame Cantabile who always gets punched and kicked by the guy she likes so ... yeah >> ) Also when you say psychological i suppose you mean a drama that doesn't only solve crimes but it plays with your mind and makes you think deeper about humans >> + mystery so yeah :3 11 Moji no Satsujin 6-jikan Go ni Kimi wa Shinu Akutou ~ Juuhanzai Sousahan Blackboard (First Night): Mirai God's Quiz Gonzo Guilty Akuma to Keiyakushita Onna Hokaben - another must Honboshi ~ Shinri Tokuso Jikenbo - contains lots of psychology stuff I Will Fly to the Sky on a Wheelchair! - lots of psychology in this :3 Joker Yurusarezaru Sousakan Kiina Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003 - lots of psychology in it,. it deals with the concept of death, also romance - if you cannot handle dun watch though . it is a very deep drama for special viewers. Kuro no Onna Kyoushi Kurosagi LADY~Saigo no Hanzai Profile~ -- deals with crime psychology Maou - probably the best MR. BRAIN Orthros No Inu Perfect Report Ryusei no Kizuna Seinaru Kaibutsutachi - lots of psychology here >< - deep drama >< Shibatora - definitely plays with your mind Soumatou Kabushikigaisha - messes with the brain Strawberry night the special ansd the movie Tantei Gakuen Q Team Batista no Eiko Team Batista 2: General Rouge no Gaisen Team Batista 3: Ariadne no dangan Trick 1,2,3 Unfair Untouchable Zettai Reido 1 - it is more about cold cases and how humans deal with a cold case Zettai Reido 2 - it is more about secret investigations with a man pulling strings that make people kill >.> i know the list is huge . just pick whichever you like lol. i enjoyed all of the things i recommended here, some of them are in my top 20 :3
Thank you everyone! <3