amrita828 wrote: No, my dear Lis. He opened a thread asking for help, but every recommendation has received a not so subtle disregard, so why ask?
I have watched - and liked - a good number of J-dramas and would be more than happy to help. But I cannot accept someone bashing an entire country and whatever it produces.
Once a thread has been opened, it belongs to everyone.

Well, darlin' everyone has a right to express their views, don't they? :) So why bother answering if you knew you couldn't bring yourself to provide recommendations. You shouldn't have moved past the opening page once you saw he had started the thread because you knew how he felt about Jdramas, that was no mystery to you and nothing good was coming. Right? And almost everyone has bashed something or other from another country in the forum. I know I have and I know plenty of other members who have also. That he does it so powerfully, well *claps*
amrita828 wrote: Why are you asking for help, pray tell? It's a bit hard to give recommendation to someone who's already heavily prejudiced. You've repeatedly declared that:

1. Japanese's acting is crap (your words)
2. Japanese history kind of sucks (and here you ask for historical dramas?)
3. Japanese are not pleasing to the eye
4. Japanese only produce lame, corny, manga-like, or school dramas of which you're tired (and this even before watching any)
5. Japanese have nothing better to offer than the above

So here's my recommendation to you: stay away from Japanese dramas. I don't see a reason for you to subject yourself to torture and for us to recommend.

Can't decide if troll or not troll... But I'll bite...

"I don't see a reason for you to subject yourself to torture and for us to recommend."

I have asked nicely. If you don't want to post any recommendations then don't... But there is really no need to attack... You could have just as easily hit the back button since you found posting anything a grueling experience.

I'm thankful for all suggestions so far. There will be a couple I plan on watching ^^ Dramacrazy is spazzing out on me with one of them currently >_>
Raventhedark wrote: Can't decide if troll or not troll... But I'll bite...

"I don't see a reason for you to subject yourself to torture and for us to recommend."

I have asked nicely. If you don't want to post any recommendations then don't... But there is really no need to attack... You could have just as easily hit the back button since you found posting anything a grueling experience.

I'm thankful for all suggestions so far. There will be a couple I plan on watching ^^ Dramacrazy is spazzing out on me with one of them currently >_>

Good, then you are glad you made the thread. I was beginning to wonder if you were unhappy with all of the suggestions. Hopefully one of them will be to your liking. If I think of any more, I will put them here.
amrita828 wrote: No, my dear Lis. He opened a thread asking for help, but every recommendation has received a not so subtle disregard, so why ask?
I have watched - and liked - a good number of J-dramas and would be more than happy to help. But I cannot accept someone bashing an entire country and whatever it produces.
Once a thread has been opened, it belongs to everyone.

After reading through the thread, and reading posts like "Is this all Jdrama have to offer?" I can understand your frustration.
One other thing I noticed is that people who say Kdramas are better, usually compare Kdrama ROMANCE COMEDIES, Korea's most popular exports, to Jdrama Romance Comedies, while ignoring the 75% of other Jdramas that come out each season.
goldenseal50 wrote: O.O OMG are we being mean? poor Ravinthedark...lol I think he is tough he can take it...I promised him I would start watching Soldier...but I still haven't.
so now he knows how we feel lolololol

I mean no harm to Raven..and he knows that:-)
I'm just like a mother concern to his son...
It's like this..my son is asking for drink cause his thirsty..
i give him water, juice ,tea, coffee but he don't want any of that...so what more can I offer,
if he discard everything i give him?
darkangel662008 wrote: I mean no harm to Raven..and he knows that:-)
I'm just like a mother concern to his son...
It's like this..my son is asking for drink cause his thirsty..
i give him water, juice ,tea, coffee but he don't want any of that...so what more can I offer,
if he discard everything i give him?

Raven is your son?:O!!! :P
Sleepninja wrote: Good, then you are glad you made the thread. I was beginning to wonder if you were unhappy with all of the suggestions. Hopefully one of them will be to your liking. If I think of any more, I will put them here.

I'm not unhappy with all of the suggestions. I'm grateful for those that took the time to say something constructive :) Once SpeedyJoe decides to stop spazzing on me I'll go back to watching Boku ^^

I'm willing to try new things. But I watch dramas for entertainment. If they don't seem to have an interesting plot or look corny as hell I **"PERSONALLY"** like to avoid such dramas. I mean it is my time I'm wasting watching them...
skye-n-rain wrote: raven is your son?:o!!! :p

just an example...
Raventhedark wrote: I'm willing to try new things. But I watch dramas for entertainment. If they don't seem to have an interesting plot or look corny as hell I **"PERSONALLY"** like to avoid such dramas. I mean it is my time I'm wasting watching them...

Hope you like Boku to Star. The drama is nice - might not be the most exciting but still a nice drama overall and hope it can give you a better opinion on Jdramas since it's a combination of Japanese and Korean. I don't like dramas or movies from Japan that get really cheesy or have those poor special effects - and most the times it's from movies/dramas based off of a manga. But it's not like that for every drama and even the ones I started out watching (Hana Kimi, Hana Yori Dango) did have cheesy moments but I loved them.

But my point I'm trying to get to is that there's also a wide variety of topics in Jdramas that Kdramas don't get into. I do agree with Skye - when it comes to Romance or rom coms Koreans tend to have better dramas. When it comes to something nice and fast paced - Jdramas do it better. There are good Japanese actors once you start to get into watching more Japanese stuff. And I do agree that each country has it's own way of doing things. I always find myself coming back to Jdramas because they're 1) shorter and easier to go through and 2) there's more variance in genres. If I want a break from overdramatic Kdramas, Jdramas are definitely it.
Crazy4You wrote: Hope you like Boku to Star. The drama is nice - might not be the most exciting but still a nice drama overall and hope it can give you a better opinion on Jdramas since it's a combination of Japanese and Korean. I don't like dramas or movies from Japan that get really cheesy or have those poor special effects - and most the times it's from movies/dramas based off of a manga. But it's not like that for every drama and even the ones I started out watching (Hana Kimi, Hana Yori Dango) did have cheesy moments but I loved them.

But my point I'm trying to get to is that there's also a wide variety of topics in Jdramas that Kdramas don't get into. I do agree with Skye - when it comes to Romance or rom coms Koreans tend to have better dramas. When it comes to something nice and fast paced - Jdramas do it better. There are good Japanese actors once you start to get into watching more Japanese stuff. And I do agree that each country has it's own way of doing things. I always find myself coming back to Jdramas because they're 1) shorter and easier to go through and 2) there's more variance in genres. If I want a break from overdramatic Kdramas, Jdramas are definitely it.

I like Boku a lot so far. Although that just might be the effect that Kim Tae Hee has on me >_< I can't watch Hana yet, because I've already started the Korean version. And I'd like to finish that first. Otherwise it would be like watching both of the Proposal versions at the same time. Yeah one at a time :2

I believe good Japanese actors exist. I've just yet to see any. They're waiting to get discovered by me :)
Raventhedark wrote: I like Boku a lot so far. Although that just might be the effect that Kim Tae Hee has on me >_< I can't watch Hana yet, because I've already started the Korean version. And I'd like to finish that first. Otherwise it would be like watching both of the Proposal versions at the same time. Yeah one at a time :2

I believe good Japanese actors exist. I've just yet to see any. They're waiting to get discovered by me :)

Good (: And haha well to be honest Hana Yori Dango and the Korean version are 2 different dramas. The Korean version is really far from the manga while the Jversion is closer to it. So if you like the Korean version you probably won't like the Japanese one (as I watched the Japanese version first then read the manga and am not a fan of the Korean version). But I know what you mean because I'm waiting to watch the Jversion for a while because I recently watched the Korean one.

And they do exist, especially when you start watching the more serious dramas. (example: Last Friends - all the actors are really good)
And after you see the same actor in a few different dramas.
Raven have you thought about starting a similar "Need Help.." thread for Chinese dramas so we can have some more fun hehehehehehe
Skye-N-Rain wrote: After reading through the thread, and reading posts like "Is this all Jdrama have to offer?" I can understand your frustration.
One other thing I noticed is that people who say Kdramas are better, usually compare Kdrama ROMANCE COMEDIES, Korea's most popular exports, to Jdrama Romance Comedies, while ignoring the 75% of other Jdramas that come out each season.

I agree with this... Jdramas have a different strong point than Romance and comedies.

Skye-N-Rain wrote: Raven is your son?:O!!! :P

and what happened to the seriousness we were channeling before?? LMAO...

I dont know, but another member once told me we are allowed to say what we want and do what we want. So if Raven is allowed to bash other things in other threads because is his opinion, then we are all allowed to tell him how he comes out as rude to some people that are offended by his opinions. Just saying... not trying to bring out my brashy side too strong, but I feel that opinions are expressed because you want to challenge other people... you want to be right, or be wrong, buy you must certainly want to argue your way out. Otherwise, you wouldnt give your opinion, like some people I know that are the quite ones.

Raven I love Lee Byung Hun, but I also love, love Jdramas and I think some of them are way better than some kdramas... of course, that is my opinion lol.
Raventhedark wrote:

two words: Kimura Takuya.
Raventhedark wrote:

two words: Kimura Takuya.